BIG Alliance Project Manager (Education)
Reports to: Mentoring Works Programme Manager
Salary: £28,000 – £34,000 pa
Hours: 35 hours per week, some evening work is required
Annual leave: 27 days per annum plus public holidays
Length of contract: 12 months fixed term contract
Location: City and Islington College, Centre for Business, Arts & Technology, 444 Camden Road, N7 0SP (with regular attendance at the ELBA Office, 5 Greenwich View Place, London E14 9NN)
Application deadline: 10th January 2020, 5pm
Interviews commence: tbc
Please see the full job description and person specification here.
BIG Alliance (Businesses for Islington Giving) delivers business-supported employee volunteer programmes to strengthen links between businesses, community organisations and education institutions across Islington. In doing so, it aims to help address issues of poverty and isolation, which are prevalent across the borough, despite the perception of Islington being an area of high wealth. BIG Alliance is a subsidiary of ELBA.
The Mentoring Works programme has been running since 1996 and has supported over 7000 young people across London and beyond. Mentoring Works connects Year 10 and Sixth Form students to volunteer business mentors working in the City and Canary Wharf.
The BIG Alliance is currently seeking a Project Manager for its Mentoring Works programme, to be responsible for supporting the key aims and deliverables of the Mentoring Works grant agreement with Islington Giving and other funders. The key deliverables of the programme are to: develop strong relationships with the selected institutions; recruit students and engage business volunteers as mentors; provide robust safeguarding and deliver a robust impact evaluation of the programme. You will do this through managing relationships with schools, BIG Alliance member companies, employee volunteers (mentors) and students (mentees). You will be required to support other members of the Mentoring Works team and your colleagues in the BIG Alliance as and when required.
The post will be managed by the Mentoring Works Programme Manager, with further support and training from the Mentoring Works team. The post holder will have regular one-to-one support for input and guidance to achieve agreed targets and will be subject to annual performance appraisals.
It is an exciting time to be joining the BIG Alliance team. Since the pilot phase in 2012 the BIG Alliance has moved from being a new organisation to one that is firmly established with key stakeholders.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Having explored the website, you will now have a better understanding of our work – but nothing beats getting out into the community and hearing first-hand about the issues faced by community organisations supporting those living in the borough, and how your business can support those efforts.
There are two ways you, as a prospective member can do this:
- A free Islington Insight Visit – taking you on a tour of an Islington neighbourhood to visit some of the community organisations in that area, to hear more about their work and how they benefit from help
- A free team challenge for a group of staff – providing practical or skills-based help to a community organisation, whilst also learning more about the work they do
The benefits of becoming a BIG Alliance member
As a BIG Alliance member you will benefit from:
- a dedicated account manager
- team challenges included as part of your annual charitable contribution
- opportunities to develop your own flagship community projects
- a range of quality volunteer opportunities to suit your volunteers no matter what their level in the business or how much time they have to commit
- reporting on your company’s activities
- excellent opportunities for networking not only with key local agencies but also with your peers in our other member companies
- a matchmaking service ensuring that all opportunities are mutually beneficial for the companies, the employees and the community
- due diligence conducted on all community partners
- monthly volunteer opportunities
- attendance at the BIG Alliance Forum three times a year and the Forum report offering a chance to network and collaborate with all BIG Alliance members
Please call us on 07572 602944 and we will arrange for the BIG Alliance Director to pop in and talk to you.