- Job Title: BIG Alliance Project Manager – Education
- Reports to: ELBA Chief Executive
- Salary: £28,000 – £34,000 pa
- Hours: 35 hours per week, some evening work is required
- Annual leave: 27 days per annum plus public holidays
- Length of contract: 12 months fixed term contract
- Location: Based in City and Islington College Camden Road Centre, with regular attendance at ELBA’s offices in Crossharbour, E14 9NN
- Application deadline: 1st February 2019
- Interviews commence: 11th February 2019
Applicants please click ‘Apply here’ below to apply. If you have any questions, email email@example.com
BIG Alliance (Businesses for Islington Giving) delivers business-supported employee volunteer programmes to strengthen links between businesses, community organisations and education institutions across Islington. In doing so, it aims to help address issues of poverty and isolation, which are prevalent across the borough, despite the perception of Islington being an area of high wealth.
Established in 2012, BIG Alliance aims to make community investment easier, more effective and more rewarding for its business members. It is a subsidiary of the East London Business Alliance – a registered charity that has been supporting the social and economic regeneration of east London for 29 years.
Purpose of the job: To be responsible for supporting the key aims and deliverables of the Mentoring Works grant agreement with Islington Giving and other funders. The key deliverables of the programme are to: develop strong relationships with the selected institutions; recruit students and engage business volunteers as mentors; provide robust safeguarding and deliver a robust impact evaluation of the programme. You will do this through managing relationships with schools, BIG Alliance member companies, employee volunteers (mentors) and students (mentees). You will be required to support other members of the Mentoring Works team and your colleagues in the BIG Alliance as and when required.